Recreation for Everyone
Low & No Cost Recreation | Special Needs | TRIP | Canadian Tire Jumpstart | Kidsport | Child Tax Credits
Here are some more option for free and low cost fun in Comox:
- A disc golf course is located across the street from the Comox Community Centre on Noel Ave. No charge to play and discs are free to borrow from the CCC (collateral required)
- Parks and Tennis courts are free
- Table tennis and racquets are free to borrow at the Community Centre
- When the Community Centre gym isn't in use drop-in is just $1.25 for students and $3 for adults
- Visit Active Comox Valley for more information on free and low cost recreation in the Comox Valley
The Comox Community Centre supports recreation for everyone in our community with programs to help. We are happy to assist with the application process; please let us know how we can help you: 250-339-2255 or email.
Families with Children Under 6 Years
Special Needs Recreation
We partner with Courtenay Recreation to provide programs and events for Comox and the Comox Valley. The annual Halloween Dance is always well attended with a lot of scary moves on the dance floor! Contact the Comox Community Centre at 250-339-2255 or email for more information on recreation programs and special events.
Contact the Comox Valley Child Development Association for programs and services for children with special needs.
Comox Valley Child Development Association
237 - 3rd Street
Courtenay, BC V9N 1E1
Free and low cost recreation opportunities are available for Comox residents on limited income. Download the TRIP Application or call the Community Centre at 250-339-2255 for more information. Qualified applicants receive four eligible programs at 50% fee reductions plus five free drop-ins.*
How do I apply?
1. Complete the TRIP application in full and bring it to the Community Centre. We can help you fill out the form.
2. Bring proof of Comox residency.
3. Bring your Care Card.
We will let you know when you application has been approved.
*Contract programs are not included unless otherwise determined by the contractor. Post secondary students are not eligible. TRIP cards are good for one year and only one application per year is permitted. Each member of the family is eligible for a TRIP card. A family consists of parents or guardians and children. Adults must be present to receive their TRIP card. Contact the Community Centre for more information.
Financial assistance is available for Comox Valley children and youth in eligible activities. For more information contact Canadian Tire Jumpstart or Rhonda at the Comox Community Centre: 250-339-2255 or email.
Financial assistance is available for Comox Valley children and youth in eligible sports. For more information contact the Kidsport Comox Valley Chapter