You've Found Your Perfect Fit!
Fitness Studio | Personal Training | Fitness Programs | Take Heart Breathe Well | Fitness FAQs
The Fitness Studio features a wide selection of cardio equipment, free weights, Precor selector weights and more. Come see for yourself why the Comox Community Centre Fitness Studio is the most popular place in the Valley to get fit!
Fitness Studio Hours:
Monday to Friday 6:00am – 9:30pm
Saturday & Sunday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Call us if you have questions about our schedule or hours: 250-339-2255
Scheduled Closures and Changes:
February 12, Family Day - OPEN 9am-3pm
March 30, Good Friday - Closed
April 2, Easter Sunday - Closed
May 21, Victoria Day - Closed
July 1, Canada Day - Closed
August 6, BC Day - Closed
September 3, Labour Day - Closed
October 8, Thanksgiving Day - Closed
November 11, Remembrance Day - Closed
December 25, Christmas Day - Closed
December 26, Boxing Day - Closed
January 1, 2019, New Year's Day - Closed
Comox Valley Record Readers' Choice Award 2015, 2016 and...
|10 Visit Card||$58.50||$49.50||$40.50||--|
|1 Month Pass||$69||$59||$49||--|
|3 Month Pass||$141||$113||$95||--|
|6 Month Pass||$235||$187||$147||--|
|3 Month Unlimited Court & Fitness Pass||$200||$151||$132||--|
The fine print...
- 10 Visit Cards: Treat like cash and are not replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Seniors are 60 years and older
- Students 19 years and older must be enrolled in three or more courses. Student ID and proof of registration must be presented for discount when purchasing passes. Students 12-15 years may use the Fitness Studio:
(1) during Ask A Trainer times*:
*Ask A Trainer schedule subject to change.
- (2) with direct supervision by an adult 19 years and older. Students must identify themselves as under 16 when paying at Reception.
Winter Annex/Fitness Studio Schedule:
Are you ready to start a new fitness program or need to boost your regular routine? Our qualified trainers will design your unique plan. Please complete a personal training form once you have booked your session.
$59 + gst/1.5 hour session
Private & Group Sessions
|Private||$39 + gst/1 hour session|
|Group of Two||$49 + gst/1 hour session|
|Group of Three||$59 + gst/1 hour session|
|Group of Four||$69 + gst/1 hour session|
Do you have special health concerns? A certified trainer will design a fitness program to fit your needs. Call the Community Centre at 250-339-2255 for more information.
$149 + gst/three -1 hour sessions
Do you want the heart-pounding work out of a boot camp, the serenity and centre of yoga or something in between? The Comox Community Centre offers fitness programs for all levels of fitness and
all ages. Check out all our fall and winter programs - fitness for everybody and every body!
Drop-in Fitness Schedule:
Take Heart Breathe Well
Take Heart Breathe Well is a 10 or 12 week cardiopulmonary exercise and education program for clients with heart, lung and/or other chronic conditions. The supervised classes are two hours long, twice a week in a group setting with a focus on cardiovascular health. They may also include improving muscular strength and endurance, balance, flexibility and functional training to improve daily quality of life. Education topics may include exercise prescription, nutrition, goal setting, mindfulness, stress management, medication and more. Physician referral is required.
Other Take Heart Breathe Well program supporters:
1. I'm a fitness first timer. Do you have a trainer who can show me how to use the equipment?
Our fitness trainer, Glenn Hascarl, is scheduled through the week and is available to answer your questions about training, fitness etiquette, and how to use the equipment. We also offer a self-directed fitness guide for fitness first timers that may be helpful.
2. What should I wear to the Fitness Studio?
Wear running shoes, workout shorts or pants and a loose fitting top. Bring a water bottle if you have it though there is a water fountain in the Fitness Studio.
3. I have a fitness pass but I was very sick and unable to attend. Can I get a time credit applied to it?
There are occasions when passes may be extended because of medical conditions. Contact Reception for more information.
4. What does the "C" mean in front of some programs listed in the recreation guide?
The Community Centre partners with some independent fitness providers/businesses to provide recreation fitness programs. Those programs are indicated by the "C".
5. Can I bring my gym bag into the Fitness Studio? What should I do with my valuables?
The Fitness Studio would be swamped if all our visitors brought their gym bags with them. Please leave them in a locker or in your car. That's the same place you should leave your valuables. And never leave them in an unlocked locker; regretfully your valuables will be stolen. Ask at Reception if you don't have a lock.
6. What about fitness etiquette?
There are some simple rules of etiquette that make sharing a fitness area enjoyable for everyone:
- Let someone share the equipment with you; don't rest on the equipment in between sets
- Wipe down the equipment when you are done - even if you think you don't sweat! (Hint: everyone does!) Wipes are available in the Fitness Studio and Annex.
- Leave your cell phone home at home.
- Put your equipment away using it for the next person
- We strive to be a fragrance free building. Sharing fitness equipment should not meaning sharing your bottle of AXE or Chanel No. 5, too. Save them for your post work out coffee stop.