Comox Waterfront Marina Park Improvement Work
Posted on Aug 10, 2016
Starting the week of August 8th and continuing to early February 2017, Kinetic Construction Ltd. will be undertaking improvements to Marina Park.
List of Items included in the Waterfront project
- Demolition of existing pavement, curbs, planters, etc. along the waterfront and in the parking lot in at the corner of Port Augusta and Beaufort
- New paths on either side of the grassed area leading towards downtown. Including a large ramp and new stair on the east side of the park, and connection to existing path at upper Gazebo but not including the portion at the corner of Wilcox and Beaufort.
- Demolition of raised portion of boardwalk, and re-construction of new boardwalk to match existing boardwalk to the west of the raised section.
- Removal and re-installation of existing totem pole.
- New grading of waterfront area build up area around Sail buildings to flood levels.
- New paving stone plaza along waterfront
- 2 Sail buildings with covered areas and services (power and water) for vendors.
- 2 power pedestals for food trucks at east edge of plaza.
- New rest area at corner of Beaufort and Wilcox.
During this time, there will be areas of the park and some parking lot areas that will be closed off or restricted from public access. Construction will take place inside Town of Comox noise bylaw regulated hours.
There will be additional truck and delivery traffic to and from Marina Park during this time and all trucking will follow approved routes. Kinetic will make all efforts to reduce the impact of construction process in the neighborhood.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we are working to improve your park.
For more information regarding the construction, please contact:
Jeff Williams, Kinetic Site Superintendent