Public Notice of Road Marking
Posted on Jul 22, 2019
Town staff will be painting crosswalks and stop bars
Road Marking Program
The Town of Comox would like to advise that the annual Road Marking Program is underway. Town staff will be painting crosswalks and stop bars throughout the Town over the coming weeks. Fineline Road Marking will be installing thermoplastic road markings at intersections along Comox Avenue in the evenings and overnight during the week of July 22, 2019. Thermoplastic is more durable than road paint and will extend the time between applications.
Please expect minor traffic interruptions while the road marking program is completed.
Please note that the Town of Comox assumes no responsibility for paint damage claims from motorists who cross wet paint lines.
- It takes approximately 10 minutes for traffic paint to dry.
- Wet traffic paint on the road may splatter on your vehicle if you cross the line before the paint has dried.
- If your vehicle is splattered with paint, go to a car wash as soon as possible.
- If paint does not wash off, spray the affected area with WD-40 and allow it to dry for 2 hours, then rewash the affected area.
- If the paint remains, consider submitting a claim to your insurer.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation.
Any questions or comments may be directed to the:
Public Works office at: 250-339-5410
Craig Perry, P.Eng.
Superintendent of Public Works