Claim a Home Owners' Grant for Prior Year

Since a new calendar year has begun, you can no longer make a Home Owners' Grant claim using the Town's online e-HOG system. Instead you must make your claim using a Provincial retroactive Home Owners' Grant form, which we can supply at Town Hall or which you can obtain from the Province's website (click on link below). Along with the form, you must provide two pieces of documentation to show that the property was your principal residence as of December 31 of last year, such as a B.C. telephone bill, copy of your home insurance policy, pension cheque or bank statement. Once completed, you would submit the form and documentation to Finance staff at Comox Town Hall.

Link to Provincial Retroactive Home Owners' Grant webpage

If you have questions about claiming a retroactive Home Owners' Grant or your property tax account, please phone us at Town Hall 250-339-2202 or visit us during regular working hours (8:30 - 4:30 weekdays).