Information about Comox's Fitness Studio.
About the Fitness Studio
With high ceilings, plenty of windows and TV’s, cubbies and hooks for your belongings, a free weight area, stretching mats, an annex with spin bikes, and many more amenities, our fitness studio is sure to meet and exceed your fitness needs.
Seniors: 60 years and over
Students: 19 years + must be enrolled FULL TIME (3 or more courses). Student ID and proof of registration must be presented for discount when purchasing passes.
16 years +: Unsupervised access (proof of age may be requested)
12 – 15 years: Access During Ask A Trainer Times (The youth must identify themselves to the front desk clerk AND trainer as being under 16. The trainer will then supervise the youth.)
Access With Direct Supervision By An Adult Aged 19+
Monday to Friday, 6am-9:30pm
Saturday & Sunday, 9am-4:30pm
Closed on Stat Holidays
- First, stop by the front desk to pay your drop in fee, have your punch card punched, or leave your fitness pass in our card holder while you work out.
- The Town of Comox Recreation Department is not responsible for clients’ belongings.
- We have lockers available for free day use or monthly rentals in our change rooms, please bring your own lock. There are also showers and infrared saunas (the use of which is included in your payment to use the fitness studio).
- Please sign up for your intended workout time on the whiteboard in the fitness studio. 35 minutes max on all cardio machines. – Gym wipes are provided. Please wipe down the grips and seats after using a machine.
- Please wear clean running/gym shoes with non-marking soles at all times.
- When classes are running in the fitness studio, please respect any signs that are on the machines in use.
- Please do not attempt to adjust the TVs. Ask a staff member for assistance.
- This is a scent-free building, please avoid strongly scented deodorants, perfumes and
6 Precor Recumbent Bicycles
2 Upright Bicycles
2 Concept II Rowers
7 Cross Trainers
1 Krank Cycle
15 Keiser Spin Bikes
PRECOR S-LINE STATIONS:
Matrix Multifunction Station
Dumbells (3 – 25 lbs)
Bosu & Medicine Balls
FREE WEIGHT AREA:
Dumbells (5 – 100 lbs)
Barbells (20 – 110 lbs)
Angled Leg Press
5 Stack Cable Crossover