The Recreation Department's refund and registration policies.
Individuals may only register themselves, their immediate family member and one non-family member.
Register by phone 250-339-2255, or in person at 1855 Noel Ave, Comox during office hours.
Please have the following information available:
- Participants name, birthdate, address, phone no.& email address
- Course name and number
- Your VISA or Mastercard number including expiry date
Terms and Conditions
Fees are to be paid in full at the time of registration by cash, cheque, money order, Visa, Mastercard or Interact.
Cancellation: Comox Recreation reserves the right to cancel any program at any time. A FULL/PRORATED refund will be given and every effort will be made to notify those registered.
Holidays: Programs will not be held on holidays unless otherwise indicated.
Changes: Comox Recreation has the right to change times and locations of programs.
Taxes: GST will be charged on all programs when majority of participants are over the age of 14 yrs.
Payment: Postdated cheques are not accepted.
Returned Cheques: A $15 handling charge will be collected on all NSF cheques.
Refunds can be issued under the following circumstances:
- The program has been cancelled by the Comox Community Centre.
- Withdrawal due to medical reasons (note from a medical professional may be required).
- Withdrawal from programs at least 7 days prior to program start date.
Credit will be applied to your account under the following circumstances:
- Withdrawal from a program less than 7 days prior to program start date.
- Withdrawal from a program after program start date (prorated amount).
- All withdrawals (with the exception of medical withdrawals and course cancellations) are subject to an admin fee charge: $5 +GST for non-contract programs, $10.50 +GST for contract programs.
- Refunds by cheque will take a minimum of 2 weeks to process.
- Credits and refunds for contract programs must be approved by the contractor.
- Fitness Studio passes/memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The Town has agreed to endorse the Town of Comox Recreation Inclusion Program (attached) to assist people with financial challenges to participate in our programs and services and we are moving forward to implement this program. Persons qualifying for the program will receive a TRIP Card that will provide each person with four 50% fee reductions plus five free drop-ins. The following are the general operational guidelines for the program:
- The program is only available to Comox residents and proof of address is required. This can be in the form of driver’s license with current address, tax notice, utility bill with name & address or other identification with name and address. A list of street address with owners is available to check if residences are located in the Town.
- Only recreation programs are eligible, contract programs are not unless otherwise notified, the after-school program is not as a subsidy is already available.
- Post secondary students are not eligible as they pay a student rate that is already a form of subsidy.
- TRIP cards are good for one year and only one application per year is permitted.
- Lost TRIP cards are not replaceable.
- Each member of the family is eligible for a TRIP card. A family consists of parents or guardians and children.
- Care card numbers must be provided for each individual receiving a TRIP card.
- The total household income must be less than the appropriate income column shown on the application form.
- Adults must be present to receive their TRIP card.
- All processing of requests will be done by the front office staff. Proof of income is not required however if provided please document. If there are any concerns check with the Recreation Director. Remember to always honor the dignity of anyone applying.
1. Have the TRIP application form completed in full.
2. Check proof of Comox residency.
3. Record Care Card numbers (must see the card).
4. Check financial information to see if applicant qualifies.
5. Check for any previous applications.
6. Provide TRIP card to each eligible family member – adults must be present.
7. Record appropriate information.
8. Forward application to the Recreation Director.