Complaints and Online Crime Reporting
You can lodge a complaint with the Town via the following:
- In-person at Town Hall 1809 Beaufort Avenue
- By mail 1809 Beaufort Avenue, Comox, BC V9M 1R9
- By phone (250) 339-2202
- By fax (250) 339-7110
- By email firstname.lastname@example.org
To lodge a complaint related to Town bylaws you must provide your name, address and telephone number. Anonymous complaints will not be accepted. Anonymity between the complainant and the violator will be maintained, except where necessary in a court of law.
For complaints related to street lights, we need to know the location of the street light (the house number of the home nearest to the light will provide that) and whether the light is on a wooden BC Hydro power pole (in older areas) or is a free-standing steel streetlight (in the newer areas of Town).
Complaints about other property (parks, buildings, roads, sidewalks, street lights and pipes) must provide enough specific information about the nature of the problem and its exact location to allow us to find and fix the problem.
If you need to make an emergency report related to Town property (a problem creating an immediate threat to life, health or public safety) after regular office hours, please phone our answering service at 250-338-9434.
For emergencies please call 911
Unless more information is required, you will not be contacted by a police officer.
If you have a crime that requires a police officer, call the Comox Valley RCMP non-emergency number 250-338-1321.
It is important to know that not all crime can be reported via the online process.
Citizens can use Online Crime Reporting if:
- Damage/mischief to property under $5,000
- Damage/mischief to a vehicle under $5,000
- Hit and run to an unoccupied vehicle or property
- Theft of bicycle under $5,000
- Theft under $5,000
- Theft from vehicle under $5,000
- Lost property
Incidents must also satisfy the following conditions to report via the online process:
- No witnesses or suspects.
- Item(s) lost or stolen must cost less than $5,000
- Vandalized property or vehicle will cost less than $5,000 to repair.
The Comox Valley RCMP will need your:
- Phone number
A typical report will take 15 minutes to complete.