Information & Updates on COVID-19
Public Access to Town Facilities:
1. Town Hall (1809 Beaufort Avenue) and Public Works (1390 Guthrie Road):
- Effective Friday, July 2, Town Hall and Public Works will be open to the public, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Masks are recommended in public indoor settings, including Town Hall and Public Works for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated.
2. Fire Station (1870 Noel Avenue):
- Effective Friday, July 2 the Fire Station will be open to the public 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Masks are recommended in public indoor settings, including the Fire Hall, for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated.
- To view hours of operation or register for programs and activities click here. Masks are required in a public spaces and optional while exercising in a class or the Fitness Studio. Vaccine checks required as per the provincial health order.
4. Council Meetings and Public Hearings:
The Town of Comox will continue operating pursuant to Ministerial Order for the month of July in regards to public hearings, Council meetings, and delegations being closed to in-person attendance by the public. The Town will re-examine this in August 2021.
Additional COVID-19 Information:
The Town of Comox will continue to monitor and follow the advice of the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Provincial Health Officer, the BC Recreation and Parks Association and WorkSafeBC, and will be updating its COVID-19 Safety Plans to be Communicable Disease Reduction Plans accordingly.