Home | Recreation Guide | Online Recreation | Fitness Studio | Fitness Programs | Facility Bookings | Summer Day Camps | Hands on Farm | Racquet Sports | Events | Parks & Fields | Accessible Recreation | About Us | COVID-19 Information
Your Fitness Starts Here!
Fitness Studio Hours:
The Fitness Studio is open under COVID-19 protocols. This new system maintains physical distancing, new occupancy limits and permits contact tracing.
- Each timeslot is 75 minutes.
- Registration opens 7 days before each time slot.
- Pre-payment required to secure your spot
- Water fountain, showers and sauna are closed.See equipment list (subject to change without notice.)
- See our Fitness Studio Covid FAQs
- Online registration:
Online Fitness Studio Registrations Start 7 Days Before Each Time Slot!
Withdrawing from your Fitness Studio workout? Click here and find out how to do it on your mobile device!
|Mondays to Thursdays||Fridays||Saturdays & Sundays|
|6:00 - 7:15 am||6:00 - 7:15 am||8:00 - 9:15 am
|7:30 - 8:45 am||7:30 - 8:45 am||9:30 - 10:45 am|
|9:00 - 10:15 am||9:00 - 10:15 am||11:00 am - 12:15pm|
|10:30 - 11:45am||10:30 - 11:45 am||12:30 - 1:45 pm|
|12:00 - 1:15 pm||12:00 - 1:15 pm||CLOSED|
|1:45 - 3:00 pm*||1:45 - 3:00 pm|
|3:15 - 4:30 pm||3:15 - 4:30 pm|
|4:45 - 6:00pm||4:45 - 6:00 pm|
|6:15 - 7:30 pm||CLOSED|
|7:45 - 9:00 pm|
*Fitness Studio time slots are not available on Tues/Thurs due to our 50+ Strength Training class. To register for this class, click below!
Closed for Statutory Holidays:
April 2 - Good Friday
April 5 - Easter Monday
May 24 - Victoria Day
July 1 - Canada Day
August 2 - BC Day
September 6 - Labour Day
October 11 - Thanksgiving Day
November 11- Remembrance Day
December 25 - Christmas Day
December 26 - Boxing Day
January 1, 2022 - New Years Day
Fitness Studio Memberships:
Adults: 19 - 59 years
Seniors: 60 years and older
Students: 12 - 18 years. Students 12 - 15 years old may access the Fitness Studio when accompanied by adult 19 years and older or during Ask A Trainer Times
New Look Fitness Studio!
Cardio and strength equipment removed for physical distancing.
Personal Training Options for Any Fitness Level
Are you ready to start a new fitness program or need to boost your regular routine? Our qualified trainers will design your unique plan. Please complete the following forms once you have booked your session:
$59 + gst/1.5 hour session
Private & Group Sessions:
|Private||$39 + gst/1 hour session|
|Group of Two||$49 + gst/1 hour session|
Do you have special health concerns? A certified trainer will design a fitness program to fit your needs. Call the Community Centre at 250-339-2255 for more information.
$149 + gst/three -1 hour sessions
1. I'm a fitness first timer. Do you have a trainer who can show me how to use the equipment?
Our fitness trainers, Glenn Hascarl and Marty Gates, are scheduled through the week and are available to answer your questions about training, fitness etiquette, and how to use the equipment. We also offer a self-directed fitness guide for fitness first timers that may be helpful.
2. What should I wear to the Fitness Studio?
Wear running shoes, workout shorts or pants and a loose fitting top. Bring a full water bottle and come dressed in your workout gear as currently our water fountains and changerooms are closed.
3. I have a fitness pass but I was very sick and unable to attend. Can I get a time credit applied to it?
There are occasions when passes may be extended because of medical conditions. Contact Reception for more information.
4. What does the "C" mean in front of some programs listed in the recreation guide?
The Community Centre partners with some independent fitness providers/businesses to provide recreation fitness programs. Those programs are indicated by the "C".
5. Can I bring my gym bag into the Fitness Studio? What should I do with my valuables?
The Fitness Studio would be swamped if all our visitors brought their gym bags with them. Please leave them in your car. That's the same place you should leave your valuables.
6. What about fitness etiquette?
There are some simple rules of etiquette that make sharing a fitness area enjoyable for everyone:
- Let someone share the equipment with you; don't rest on the equipment in between sets.
- Wipe down the equipment before and after you are done - even if you think you don't sweat! (Hint: everyone does!) Wipes are available in the Fitness Studio and Annex.
- External Personal Trainers, Physiotherapist or Kinesiologists are not permitted to offer their services in the Fitness Studio (paid or voluntary). If you are looking for a Personal Trainer we have certified Trainers on staff that can be used. Contact the front desk for more information.
- Leave your cell phone at home.
- Put your equipment away using it for the next person.
- We strive to be a fragrance free building. Sharing fitness equipment should not meaning sharing your bottle of AXE or Chanel No. 5, too. Save them for your post work out coffee stop.