ALERT: Death Cap Mushrooms Found in Comox


ALERT

Death Cap Mushrooms (Amanita Phalloides) have been found in Comox

  • Death Cap Mushrooms are a high health risk in urban environments, as they are extremely poisonous and closely resemble some edible mushrooms from Asia.
  • Eating them may lead to liver and kidney damage, or death.
  • As with all unknown mushrooms or plants, please be cautious; do not ingest anything you are uncertain of.
  • Ensure children and pets are kept at a distance.

For more information, please visit the BC Centre for Disease Control, click HERE.